At Newcross we value trust, empathy and expertise, do you?
Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit committed Support Workers to deliver life-enhancing care and support to our users within Brighton, Burgess Hill, Hassocks, Haywards Heath, Lewes and Newhaven.
Your new role as Support Workers:
As a Support Worker, you will be helping our residents with personal, clinical and social activities whilst promoting an independent, dignified and happy living.
You will also be responsible for communicating with our service users, family members and encouraging new friendships.
There are further opportunities for successful candidates to study free training courses which they can earn through credits as they work.
We also offer the possibility of studying a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
Why apply today?
- Salary of up to £12.96/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Specialised training available free through credits earned as you work
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work, 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
Shifts to fit in around you - choose full or part time hours for day or night shifts!
Flexible app feature
Our amazing Flexi Pay feature app provides you unmatched flexibility to choose when you get paid. Combined with digital timesheets & timecards, there is no need to wait for payday to come around.
This role requires
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Our Eastbourne team
Our local branch is located on Gildredge Road, next to Eastbourne train station. If you're an experienced care assistant or registered nurse, we could have the job for you.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Begin your journey with us today!
Submit your application today and a member of our team will be in touch!