Enhance your career with us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Support Workers to care for our service users in Chichester, Portsmouth, Gosport, Petworth, Midhurst, Liss and the surrounding areas.
You will be responsible for ensuring that our service users receive personalised care and support at all times. Tasks will vary and include personal care, daily living activities, clinical needs, social integration and any additional services needed.
Why choose us?
- Flexible hours to suit your ongoing needs
- Employee Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts
- Flexi Pay app feature allowing you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekdays and weekends)
Skills & Training opportunities
Working with Newcross will give you a chance to develop skill set with various training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will vary and include Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton and many more.
Additional opportunities are available for staff to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in various subjects and levels.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
- Salary of up to £15.51/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Our Chichester team
Located in the South-East of England, Newcross Healthcare's Chichester branch is based on South Street near Chichester Cathedral and not far from Chichester train station.