Do you want to be paid the same day?
Newcross Healthcare is looking for experienced and competent Support Workers to support our service users in Dover, Deal, Sandwich and the surrounding Kent area.
We pride ourselves on being flexible with our team. You can choose to when you work and when you get paid. Our staff also benefit from minimum guaranteed hours and a permanent contract.
Your Support Role:
Your valued support is vital to our service users. Your help will allow them to live dignified, fulfilling lives and will enable them to remain as independent as possible. Your responsibilities may include; assisting with personal care tasks, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable them to live life to the fullest.
The ideal applicant will have a true vocation for care. They will also be prepared to provide expert support that allows our service users to live the life they wish to lead. Experience in housekeeping tasks and caring for others will strengthen your application.
Your Local Team:
Our Canterbury branch is based on Station Road East in Canterbury city centre, just across the road from Canterbury East train station and a short distance from Canterbury Christ Church University.
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
With Newcross you also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
- Salary of up to £12.93/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Video calling technology so you don't have to leave home to attend your interview
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay - you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
What do you need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.