Do you want to broaden your skill set whilst helping others?
Newcross Healthcare are searching for compassionate Support Workers to care and support our service users working full or part time hours in a variety of exceptional nursing, residential and specialist care homes across Eastbourne, Polegate, Hailsham, Lewes, Seaford, Newhaven, Bexhill-on-Sea, Pevensey and Ninfield.
The supporting role
We are looking for a compassionate healthcare professional who will uphold our Philosophy of Care and will promote the dignity and independence of our service users.
You will be providing first-class support to our service users whilst encouraging the well-being and quality of life of every patient you care for.
* Our flexible pay feature Flexi Pay; submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
* Perks at Work, this employee scheme provides 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to study our free training courses which they will earn through credits as they work.
You could choose between: Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
- Salary of up to £12.96/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You will be working within our Eastbourne team which is based on Gildredge Road, next to Eastbourne train station. If you're an experienced care assistant or registered nurse, we could have the job for you.
Apply today and begin your application
Once you submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.