Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
We are looking for an individual with a true passion for person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking for experienced Support Workers to join our Edinburgh team to provide the best level of care to our service users in Edinburgh, St Leonard's, Gorgie, Leith and the surrounding local areas.
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include; assisting with personal daily care, helping with social activities/engagements, aiding with any clinical needs and any other additional services that will enable our service users to live their daily lives as they choose as independently as possible, in line with their personalised care plan.
It is imperative that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each service user that you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Our ideal candidate is compassionate and caring, providing expert support that allows our service users to live the life they wish to lead with dignity.
What you'll need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care role or environment in the UK
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a Smart device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Training & Development
Successful candidates will have the chance to enhance their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
At Newcross, you also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ to progress within the field.
- Salary of up to £13.45/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team and line manager
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
You can also benefit with access to up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day with our innovative Flexi Pay scheme via our HealthForceGo® app
Our Edinburgh branch are located at 5 New Mart Place, within close proximity to Slateford railway station.
Did you know? Edinburgh Castle is built on top of an extinct volcano.
Begin your application today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.