We are seeking healthcare professionals like you to join the Newcross team!
Newcross Healthcare are searching for experienced Support Workers to provide life-enhancing care to our service users with learning disabilities in Edinburgh, Musselburgh, Kirkliston, Longniddry, Tranent, Dunbar, Roseburn, Leith, Midlothian, East Lothian and the surrounding local areas.
Your New Role
Our ideal candidate will be dedicated and compassionate healthcare professionals who will uphold our philosophy of care, promoting the dignity and independence of our service users.
As a Support Worker, you will be responsible for providing person-centred care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
It is imperative that you have a calm demeanour when working with our service users living with challenging behaviour, physical or learning disabilities and/or autism.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or are currently working in a support role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- You will need access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £14.22/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and field team leader
You will also benefit from our new flexible pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Training & Development
This role will give you great opportunities to expand your skill set with a range of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
Some of these include programmes such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
Our Local Team
Our friendly Edinburgh branch are located at 5 New Mart Place, within close proximity to Slateford railway station.
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.