Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Working with us will give you access to flexible hours, our Perks at Work employee scheme and our Flexi Pay feature.
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Support Workers to provide care to our service users living in Edinburgh, St Leonard's, Gorgie, Leith and the surrounding areas.
As a Support Worker, you will provide excellent person-centred care and support to our service users with various needs and requirements. Your assistance will be required with personal care tasks, clinical needs, social activities and any other services needed.
- Salary of up to £13.94/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team and line manager
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Flexi Pay! Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Successful candidates will have access to a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Located in the Scottish capital, Newcross Healthcare's Edinburgh branch is based at the Quadrant, New Mart Place a short walk from the Slateford train station.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.