Take advantage of flexible hours, our Perks at Work scheme and our innovative Flexi Pay app feature!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Support Workers to provide care to our service users with learning disabilities in Edinburgh, Musselburgh, Kirkliston, Longniddry, Tranent, Dunbar, Roseburn, Leith, Midlothian, East Lothian and the surrounding areas.
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will enjoy exclusive access to a comprehensive range of free training programs covering a topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
As a Support Worker, you will provide person centred care and support to our service users with a variety of daily tasks. These will include personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
It is essential that you have a calm demeanour when working with our service users living with challenging behaviour, physical or learning disabilities and/or autism.
- Salary of up to £13.94/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Our Edinburgh Team
Located in the Scottish capital, Newcross Healthcare's Edinburgh branch is based at the Quadrant, New Mart Place a short walk from the Slateford train station.
What will you need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.