Join us assisting service users across Edinburgh
Newcross Healthcare are seeking professional Support Workers to join our team delivering outstanding care and support to our service users with learning disabilities and challenging behaviours within Edinburgh, Musselburgh, Kirkliston, Longniddry, Tranent, Dunbar, Roseburn, Leith, Midlothian, East Lothian and the surrounding local areas.
Our friendly Edinburgh branch is located at 5 New Mart Place, within close proximity to Slateford railway station.
Why apply with Newcross?
Working for Newcross provides flexibility with your rota, where you can choose full or part time hours to fit around your schedule, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager.
We have various shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends, and within many different care environments.
Join us, and manage your own work schedule via our HealthForceGo app and have the option to make the most of Flexi Pay, our same day pay feature that allows you to be paid for completed shifts within a matter of hours!
As a Support Worker, you will be assisting our service users with the development of new skills, supporting the progression of daily living activities and tasks and encouraging integration and participation within their local community.
It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm and compassionate manner with a range of clients who vary in age, with each individual experiencing different challenges due to their learning disabilities and challenging behaviours.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or are currently working in a support role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £14.22/hr including holiday pay
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Your Development at Newcross
At Newcross Healthcare we value our healthcare employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training courses to ensure that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learning new skills.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to access your timesheets, payslips and rotas on our mobile app, HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Click the button to Apply
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.