Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
We are seeking healthcare professionals just like you to join the Newcross team!
Our friendly Edinburgh branch are based in New Mart Place, just a short distance from Slateford train station
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting for Support Workers to join us in delivering outstanding care and support to our service users in Edinburgh, St Leonard's, Gorgie, Leith and the surrounding local areas.
As a Support Worker, you will be helping our users with the development of new skills, supporting the development of daily living activities and tasks and encouraging integration and participation within the local community.
It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm and compassionate manner with a range of clients who vary in age, with each individual experiencing different challenges due to their physical or learning disabilities.
- Salary of up to £13.45/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
Join us, and manage your own work schedule via our HealthForceGo app and have the option to make the most of Flexi Pay, our same day pay feature that allows you to be paid for completed shifts within a matter of hours!
Develop your skills at Newcross
At Newcross Healthcare we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training programmes, ensuring that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role and learn new skills.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus many others.
Flexibility at Newcross
Working for Newcross provides flexibility with your rota, where you can choose full or part time hours to fit around your schedule, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager.
We have various shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends, and within many different care environments.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care role in the UK
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book a Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart phone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Click the button to Apply
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you in your application.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way