Develop your skill set with us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Support Workers to care for our users living in Paisley, Renfrew, Carntyne, Glasgow and the surrounding areas.
With this new feature, you will be able to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
As a Support Worker, you will ensure that our service users receive constant person-centred care at all times in line with their personal care plans. Your assistance will be required with personal care activities, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Skills & Training
Successful candidates will have the chance to broaden their skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, End of life care and many more.
- Salary of up to £13.60/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Flexible hours across a range of weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Perks at Work with 30,000 discounts available
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
Come and say hi!
Your local branch is located in Scotland's largest city. You can find us at 13 Fitzroy place in Glasgow city, a short distance from Ilbrox Football Stadium. We provide high quality healthcare staff to towns and cities within Glasgow, Renfrewshire and the Western Scottish islands, from Campbeltown to Oban.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.