Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Do you want to make positive change to someone's life?
We are looking to expand our team of Support Workers to care for our service users with learning disabilities in New Romney, Tenterden, Ashford and the surrounding areas of Kent.
What will I do?
You will be responsible for ensuring that our service users receive person-centred care and support at all times in line with their individual needs and requirements. You will assist them with personal care, daily living tasks, social integration within the community and any other services needed.
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience of providing care and support to service users living with Autism, physical or learning disabilities.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Why choose us?
- Flexible hours across various weekday, night and weekend shifts to suit you
- Access to 30,000 discounts through our 'Perks at Work' scheme
- Flexi Pay app feature enabling you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Our Ashford team
Located in Kent next to the Great River Stour, Newcross Healthcare's Ashford branch is ideally placed to provide the town and wider region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
Based at 46 High Street, the branch is just a short distance from Ashford International airport.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £13.19/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory