Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Make a change today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Support Workers to care for our service users with learning disabilities living in Basingstoke and the surrounding areas.
Newcross has an innovative app feature that allows our healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day by simply submitting their timesheets by 5pm. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What will I do?
As a Support Worker, you will work hard to ensure that our service users living with challenging behaviour, physical and learning disabilities receive the highest quality care and support. Tasks that you will provide assistance with include personal care tasks, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
You will also provide care and support to service users living in supported living environments.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £15.80/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Flexible full time and part time hours with various night, weekday and weekend shifts available!
- Free training programs available earned through credits as you work
- 'Perks at Work' scheme with up to 30,000 discounts available
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our Andover team is based at Basepoint Business Centre, a short distance from the city centre and Andover train station.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply today and a friendly team member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.