Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Develop your career with us!
We are seeking Learning Disabilities Support Workers to care for our service users living with learning diabilities in Christchurch, Kinson, Ringwood, Ferndown, New Milton and the surrounding suburbs of Dorset.
What will I do?
You will provide excellent care and support to our service users living with learning disabilities ensuring that they receive high quality care at all times. You will provide assistance with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
It is essential that you have prior experience of providing care to individuals with learning disabilities, autism or challenging behaviour.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £15.24/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
- Flexi Pay! Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
What do I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Your local team are based in the coastal town of Bournemouth in St Stephens Court on St Stephen's Rd just off the A338. We are easily reachable by car or local buses and we are a 20-minute walk away from the train station.