Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Your local team are based in the coastal town of Bournemouth in St Stephens Court on St Stephen's Rd just off the A338. We are easily reachable by car or local buses and we are a 20-minute walk away from the train station.
You can make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Learning Disability Support Workers to care for our service users living with learning disabilities in Christchurch, Kinson, Ringwood, Ferndown, New Milton and the surrounding areas of Dorset.
What will I do?
As a Learning Disabilities Support Worker, you will be providing assistance and support to our service users living with learning disabilities, autism or challenging behaviour. You will ensure that they receive assistance with daily living tasks, clinical needs, social integration activities and any other services needed.
It is highly desirable that applicants have prior experience of caring for service users living with learning disabilities, autism or challenging behaviour.
Our new and innovative flexible app feature will give you access up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why work with our Newcross team?
- Flexible full time and part time hours spanning a range of weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Employee discount scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- Salary of up to £15.80/hr including holiday pay
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply now and a member of our friendly recruitment team will be in touch!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.