Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Do you want to be making a difference?
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking for compassionate Learning Disabilities Support Workers to support our users in a variety of exceptional nursing, residential and specialist care homes in Chelmsford and the surroundings.
Our Support workers have the ability to support our service users with their day-to-day needs, allowing them to have an independent living, integrating them within their community and providing them with physical and mental stimulation.
Our successful candidates will uphold our philosophy of care and protect our service user's dignity at all times.
What do we provide?
- Salary of up to £13.19 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
Newcross offer our employees between 150 and 200 training courses every month. This courses are led by our dedicated in-house clinical trainers and supported by a network of individually selected local partner
The local branch
Our Colchester branch are based at 37 Crouch Street, just a short distance from the town centre, Colchester Town train station and also the Natural History Museum.
Our flexible app feature will enable you to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Previous experience for at least 3 months in a similar support role
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- A certificate to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Once you have submitted your application a member of our lovely recruitment team will contact you.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Begin your application…
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way