Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Providing support and care to others is a rewarding experience
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking to recruit dedicated Learning Disabilities Support Workers to provide life-enhancing support to our service users living in Colchester and the surrounding local areas.
What to expect in the role
As a Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
- Helping with personal daily tasks and care
- Aiding with any clinical requirements
- Assisting with social activities and engagements
- Any other additional services to enable dignified and independent living
- Build strong relationships with service users and family members
- Encourage integration and participation within the local community
Opportunities at Newcross
As a valued member of the team, we will provide opportunities to expand your skill set with various available training programmes, earned through credits as you work. Some of these courses include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
At Newcross Healthcare, you can choose to work full or part time hours to fit in around your schedule, minimum hours are guaranteed, ensuring you receive a flexible income and the comfort of a healthy work-life balance.
- Salary of up to £13.19 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work, with access to 30,000 discounts at UK retailers
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, rota and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and team leader
Additionally, you can benefit from our Flexi Pay feature, providing access to up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day via our app HealthForceGo®
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Previous experience for at least 3 months in a similar care role or environment
- Referees that can attest to your employment for the past 3 years
- A Moving and Handling course certificate (or you are willing to enrol and complete course)
- You will also need a Smart device: iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later) with internet access to manage your timesheets, online rota and payslips
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our Colchester Team
We are situated in Crouch Street, within close distance to the train station and also the historic Colchester Castle.
Did you know? Colchester is Britain's oldest recorded town and was the first Roman capital in Britain.
Interview via video call! Talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and we will endeavour to assist you in your application.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way