Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
You can make a positive difference to someone's life
Newcross Healthcare is searching for seasoned Learning Disabilities Support Workers to join the team in delivering outstanding support to our service users in Colchester and the surroundings.
Your Local Team
Our friendly Colchester branch are situated at 37 Crouch Street, just a short distance from the town centre, Colchester Town train station and also the Natural History Museum.
As a Support Worker, you will be helping our service users with the development of new skills, supporting the development of daily living activities and tasks and encouraging integration and participation within the local community.
It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm and compassionate manner with a range of clients who vary in age, with each individual experiencing different challenges due to their learning disabilities.
You will be delivering personalised care in accordance with each service users unique care plan, with a mindful approach to protecting the dignity and promoting the independence of each individual.
Working at Newcross Healthcare
At Newcross Healthcare, you can choose to work full or part time hours to fit around you, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of a healthy work-life balance.
Additionally, we've launched a unique pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our app HealthForceGo where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Demential Care, Medication Administration, plus many more.
- Salary of up to £13.19 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
What you will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Previous experience for at least 3 months in a similar support role
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- A certificate to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Apply now to find out more!
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way