Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Become an invaluable member of our care team
Newcross Healthcare are currently seeking experienced Support Workers to join our team providing care to our service users living with learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviour across Haddington, North Berwick, Longniddry, Garvald, Ormiston, Tranent and the surrounding local areas.
Your Support Role
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with personal daily tasks, such as toileting and hygiene
- Aiding with their specific clinical requirements
- Helping with social activities and engagements
- Any further services to enable independent living
It is important that the ideal applicant is compassionate and caring, providing expert support that allows our service users to live the life they wish to lead with dignity.
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
It is essential that you have prior experience of caring for service users living with learning disabilities, autism or challenging behaviour.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Medication training is essential for this role
- At least 3 months'previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- You will need access to a Smart device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £13.45 per hour including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts at 80 high street shops
Flexible hours: We have various shifts available with flexible working - full and part time hours, days/nights and weekends.
Flexi Pay: You will be able to access our Flexi Pay feature via our HealthForceGo® app which allows our healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of completed shifts, including weekends and bank holidays.
Interview via video call: This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
Training & Development
Successful candidates will be able to take advantage of a range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These cover a range of topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Further opportunities to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ are available.
Our Edinburgh branch works tirelessly to provide the area with the highest quality of healthcare professionals to assist those in need of outstanding care and support.
The branch is located in New Mart Place, within close proximity to Slateford railway station.
Start your application today!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.