Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Located in the Scottish capital, Newcross Healthcare's Edinburgh branch is based at the Quadrant, New Mart Place a short walk from the Slateford train station.
Join us today!
We are currently looking for Support Workers that can provide care to our service users living with learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviour across Haddington, North Berwick, Longniddry, Garvald, Ormiston and Tranent.
What will I get?
- Salary of up to £13.94/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Additional benefits include:
- Flexible hours available across weekdays, nights and weekends!
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
- Flexi Pay! Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift within a matter of hours, (includes weekends and Bank Holidays).
As a Support Worker, you will ensure that our service users receive excellent person centred care at all times and will be providing assistance with a range of tasks. These will include; personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
It is essential that you have prior experience of caring for service users living with learning disabilities, autism or challenging behaviour.
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will be able to take advantage of a range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These cover a range of topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Further opportunities to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ are available.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Medication training is essential for this role
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Join us today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881.