Join us assisting service users in Kent
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking to recruit experienced Support Workers to provide the best care and support to our service users in Canterbury, Faversham and the surrounding areas within Kent.
Your New Role
- Provide support with the development of daily activities
- Assist with the development of new skills
- Help to maintain independent living through person-centred care
- Build strong relationships with service users, family members and encourage new friendships/engagements
- Encourage integration and participation within the local community
In this position you will be promoting the well-being and quality of life of every patient you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
We require you to have:
The right to live and work in the UK
At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar role and environment
Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months
Access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas via our app
Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
What you'll gain:
- Salary of up to £12.96 per hour including holiday pay
- Free uniform and criminal record (DBS) check
- Perks at Work scheme with access to over 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- 24 hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
Additionally, you'll benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' feature via our app, where you can choose exactly when you want to get paid. Just submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, even on bank holidays and weekends!
Your Local Team
Our friendly Canterbury branch are located based on Station Road East in the city centre, just a short distance from the train station and also the historic Canterbury Cathedral.
We now provide the option to do your interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call 0800 252 881.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.