Join us assisting service users across Leeds and the surrounds
Our friendly Leeds branch are based in 14 King Street, just a short walk from Leeds train station
As a Support Worker, you will be assisting our service users with the development of new skills, supporting the development of daily living activities and tasks and encouraging integration and participation within the local community.
Our ideal applicant will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
It is essential that you have previous experience of working with service users with learning disabilities, autism and challenging behaviour, and also have a basic level of British Sign Language.
Our Key Requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar role
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months (or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare)
- You will need access to a smart device with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our mobile app
Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
Perks for you:
- Salary of up to £13.23 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work - access 30,000 discounts from UK high street shops
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Access to exclusive training programmes, to widen your clinical knowledge
- 24 hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
You will also benefit from our new FlexiPay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. All you have to do is submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it much more relaxing and enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.