Support Worker - Mental Health
You can make a positive difference to someone's life
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting for dedicated Support Workers to join us in delivering expert care and support to children and/or young adults with learning disabilities/challenging behaviour/mental health conditions in Woking, Camberley, Walton-On-Thames, Chertsey, Weybridge and the surrounds.
Your New Position
As a Support Worker, you will be helping our service users with the development of new skills, supporting with daily living activities and tasks and encouraging integration and participation within the local community.
It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm and compassionate manner with a range of clients who vary in age, with each individual experiencing different challenges due to their learning disabilities.
We are ideally looking for candidates who hold a PMVA qualification.
- Salary of up to £14.48 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
- Flexi Pay, which will enable you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of worked shifts
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Newcross will also help with your career progression, offering over 200 training programmes, ensuring that you always have the opportunity to develop in your role, learn new skills and progress even further.
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book a Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone or device, with internet access to submit your timesheets and manage your rotas via our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Your New Team
Our friendly branch are based at 28 Commercial Way in Woking town centre, close to the train station and bus station.
Click the button to Apply
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can speak with us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way