Make a positive change to someone's life!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Support Workers to care for our service users living in Paisley, Renfrew, Carntyne, Glasgow, Inverclyde and the surrounding areas.
As a Support Worker, you will provide individualised care and support to our service users with various important daily tasks. These will include assisting with personal care tasks, aid with clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed.
Our app feature allows over 7500 healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of their shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays).
Why choose Newcross?
- Flexible hours with a variety of weekday, night and weekend shifts available
- Perks at Work with 30,000 discounts across various high street retailers
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Salary of up to £13.33/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Successful candidates will have the chance to develop their skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will vary but will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
You can find us at 13 Fitzroy place in Glasgow city, a short distance from Ilbrox Football Stadium. We provide high quality healthcare staff to towns and cities in and around Glasgow, Renfrewshire and the Western Scottish islands.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in anyway.