Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Support Workers to provide the highest quality of care and assistance to our service users in Weston-super-Mare, Burnham-On-Sea, Clevedon, Highbridge, Cheddar and the surrounding local towns of Somerset.
We have a range of Support roles available from caring for those with learning disabilities and challenging behaviours to caring for our service users with mental health conditions.
As Newcross Healthcare is working in partnership with a mental health service provider that supports adults with mental health conditions in rehabilitation, assessment or step-down settings, we are also looking for experienced mental health support workers who hold a PMVA qualification gained or renewed within the last year.
Newcross relies on the commitment and dedication of our employees to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we care for. We take pride in the quality of our care, so we're looking for experienced support workers with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
You will encourage and support clients in their day-to-day lives, championing their needs and enabling them to live more fulfilling lives. You will be providing care that supports life activities, enabling people to live as independently as possible, whilst providing essential support with washing, dressing, personal care and meal times.
- Competitive salary, paid hourly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- One-to-one relationship with a local line manager
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team, 365 days a year
All of our staff have a minimum hours guarantee built into their permanent contracts. However there is an added advantage, we also provide them with the flexibility of being able to pick their own hours to fit around their prior commitments enabling them to achieve an ideal work/life balance.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a mental health environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- PMVA qualified gained or renewed in the last 12 months
Click the Apply Now button to begin your applicationIf you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.