Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced and professional Support Workers to provide the highest quality of care to our service users in Bromsgrove, Redditch, Worcester and the surrounding areas through our Worcester branch.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.
We are seeking enthusiastic support workers to assist adults with learning difficulties with their day to day activities. This could include supporting with appointments, outings and general household tasks. You will need to be passionate about quality of care and strive to ensure their needs are fully met.
This is a varied and rewarding role, with each of our clients requiring different care needs due to varying ages and learning disabilities. You will need to be confident in your ability to deliver personal care, with a mindful approach to protecting the dignity and promoting the independence of each individual in your care.
- Salary of up to £14.23/hr including holiday pay
- Paid weekly, on time and accurately
- Manage your availability, timesheets and payslips online in your own account area.
- Free criminal record check (DBS) for a limited time
- Free uniform for a limited time
- Agreed travel and mileage expenses (for most clients)
- Genuine 'out of hours' contact centre available 24 hrs a day
- Continuing training and development through our 'Training Credits' scheme
- Guaranteed hours contracts available
- Local line manager and branch support
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
All of our staff have a minimum hours guarantee built into their permanent contracts. However there is an added advantage, we also provide them with the flexibility of being able to pick their own hours to fit around their prior commitments enabling them to achieve an ideal work/life balance.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions are committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing contained within this job advertisement is intended to discriminate in any way against anyone.