Make a positive change to someone's life today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Support Workers to provide care to our service users living in Crawley, East Grinstead, Horsham and the surrounding areas.
As a Support Worker, you will make sure that our service users receive personalised care and support at all times in line with their personal care plans. You will provide assistance with personal care tasks, daily living activities, clinical requirements, social activities and any other services needed.
It is essential that you are able to provide care and support to service users living with physical or learning disabilities.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Training & Development
Develop your skill set with a wide range of free training programs designed to broaden your skill set and covering topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Addditional opportunities will be available for staff to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
- Salary of up to £14.23/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Why choose us?
- Flexible hours throughout weekday, weekend and night shifts to suit you
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Our friendly team
You will be joining our Crawley branch team, located on Gatwick Road, a stone's throw from Gatwick Airport. We provide experienced, highly trained healthcare professionals to nursing and care establishments across West Sussex, from Haywards Heath to Horsham, Redhill, East Grinstead and everywhere in-between.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.