Newcross is looking for passionate and caring healthcare workers.
Does this sound like you?
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting compassionate Support Workers to provide excellent support to our users in a variety of exceptional nursing, residential and specialist care homes in Plymouth, Saltash, Callington and the surrounds.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Being a Support Worker
Ideally you will be a dedicated and compassionate healthcare professional who will uphold our philosophy of excellent care, focusing on personal care plans to aid in improving the lives of our service users.
You will also be able to build strong relationships with our clients and their family members.
Located on the south Devon coast, Newcross Healthcare's Plymouth branch allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
- Salary of up to £13.83/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Our 'same day pay' app feature
Our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo® app you can choose when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Interview via video call
We now give you the option to do your interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.