Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
You can make a positive difference to someone's life
Newcross Healthcare are searching for experienced Support Workers to join our team in delivering care and support to our service users living with Learning Disabilities and/or challenging behaviours in Yeovil, Sherborne, Castle Cary and Wincanton and the local areas.
Our friendly branch are located at Telstar House, Mead Avenue in Yeovil.
- Salary of up to £15.23 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- Recommend a Friend scheme - earning up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance of lead nurses
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to suit your commitments
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FlexiPay - same day pay available
Your New Position
As a Support Worker, you will be helping our service users with the development of new skills, supporting the development of daily living activities and tasks and encouraging integration and participation within the local community.
It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm and compassionate manner with a range of clients who vary in age, with each individual experiencing different challenges due to their learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviour.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability or experience
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book a Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone or device, with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Click the button to Apply
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way