Do you have the skills and experience for our new role?
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking for dedicated Support Workers to help deliver outstanding levels of care and support to our service users in various settings such as supported living environments, day centres and specialist homes within Witham, Braintree, Halstead, Dunmow, Earls Colne and the surrounding areas.
Working at Newcross
As a Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
- Helping with person-centred day-to-day tasks
- Aiding with any clinical requirements
- Assisting with social activities and engagements
- Any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living
What we require from you
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar role or environment
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Salary of up to £12.96 per hour including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24 hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Perks at Work - access to 30,000 discounts from UK high street retailers
With Newcross, can choose to work full or part time hours to suit you and fit in around your schedule, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of a healthy work-life balance.
Here you will have the chance to improve your skills with a variety of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
Additionally, you will also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
Your New Team
Our Colchester branch works tirelessly to provide the area with the highest quality of healthcare professionals to support those in need of outstanding care.
We are located in Crouch Street, within close distance to the train station and also the historic Colchester Castle.
Start your application today!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and we will endeavour to assist you in your application.
We now have the option to interview via video calling - this way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.