Supported Living Care Assistant
You can make a positive difference to someone's life
Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit dedicated Care Assistants to join our team to provide life-enhancing care and support to adults living with acquired brain injuries in Supported Living Environments in Exeter and the surrounding areas.
Our friendly Exeter branch are based in Sandpiper Court, just a short distance from Pinhoe train station.
Your responsibilities will include; personal care, helping with social activities, helping with clinical needs and assisting with any other additional services.
You will also communicate with families of service users to update them of their condition and progress.
In order to be successful in this caring role, you will need to be a naturally compassionate person with a strong sense of empathy for those in your care.
What you'll need to succeed in the role
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- A certificate to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
What you will receive
- Salary of up to £14.22 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
At Newcross Healthcare, you can choose to work full or part time hours to fit around you, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of a healthy work-life balance.
Additionally, we've launched a unique pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our app HealthForceGo® where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Demential Care, Medication Administration, plus more.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. We now have the option to interview via video calling - this way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.