Supported Living Care Assistant
Your local team is located in Newcastle, based at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre. We cover areas as far north as Ashington and Carlisle in the west.
Make a change to someone's life today!
We are seeking Care Assistants to care for our service users in Supported Living Establishments in Newcastle, Gateshead, Tynemouth, Wallsend, Jarrow, Low Fell, Tyneside and the surrounding areas of Tyne and Wear.
- Salary of up to £11.39/hr including holiday pay
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts
You will be responsible for providing care and support service users in supported living environments with various tasks. They vary and include assisting with personal care tasks, clinical needs, social activities and any additional activities needed.
Flexi Pay enables over 7500 healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Medication Administration certificate
- Experience working in supported living environments
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Must be a driver
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way