Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Posted 05 May 2023
- Salary£40k per year + bonus
- LocationNorth Yorkshire
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineOffice jobs
- ContactVictoria Leonard
Will you be the Community Care Lead Nurse who makes a difference?
Ideally you will have previous experience working in mental health inpatient and or the community.
Our approach to Community Care is to flex and adapt to the needs of the people we care for, our service is dedicated to providing care and support to individuals with complex needs, enabling them to be cared for in the comfort of their own home. The team support both adults and children with needs such as home ventilation, end of life, spinal injury, brain injury and complex mental health and learning disabilities.
Join us to motivate your team, uphold quality, and help Britain get the care service it deserves.
Hours of work: Full time, 37.5 hours per week. Core Hours to be worked between Monday to Friday
Location: North Yorkshire/North East Blended working between local office and home.
The difference we can make together
Join us as we transform our technological offering, entering a period of exponential growth and opportunity – while keeping people at the heart of everything we do. First and foremost, Newcross Healthcare is here to make a difference to people’s lives and wellbeing, every day. We aim to become a world leading provider of healthcare services by building a platform to connect healthcare workers directly to those in need of care. Redefining work for nurses & carers by offering work that fits around their personal commitments and location, together with cutting-edge learning and development. Together we can help Britain get the care service it deserves.
- Be physically visible and accessible to service users, families and carers working together to ensure efficient, effective and caring services
- Devise, implement and evaluate care plans, risk assessments and associated care documentation, whilst maintaining a person/care centred approach
- Work alongside and support the Registered Manager to ensure all referrals are reviewed and assessed
- A duty to maintain a safe service as a trusted voice and advisor to ensure full competency sign off.
- Support, Monitor and be accountable for delegated clinical tasks to Care Associates and Healthcare Workers
- Work closely with the Senior Clinical Lead Nurse to support the continual improvement of Community Care
- Provide clinical leadership, support, supervision and direction to the Care Associates and Healthcare Workers to carry out enhanced clinical care duties; maintaining their clinical training and competencies
- Proactive management and communication to ensure safe, responsive and effective care is provided to reduce risks
- To be solution driven and partake in crisis management of packages of care.
- Support Registered Manager with debriefing service users and carers following critical incidents and difficult situations
- Undertake clinical investigations where delegated
- Provide support and guidance out of hours via on call
The skills that make you different
- Qualified Nurse with current and relevant NMC registration –RNMH, with good general experience within complex care/or clinical case load experience
- 5 years post qualification clinical working experience in a role
- Up to date understanding of the relevant national standards and regulations e.g. CQC, Care Inspectorate Scotland/Wales
- Confident and competent working with technology and working remotely across various computer platforms (full training will be given)
- Up to date understanding of NMC Codes of practice and Continual Professional Development.
- Full license and happy to travel within commutable distance as required.
- Previous experience working in mental health or learning disability setting.
- Critical Care experience
Our people make all the difference – that’s why we offer a different level of support
- Competitive annual salary with a generous bonus opportunity
- Wellbeing support: access to Medicash for healthcare and mental health support
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 after the first year and increasing with length of service)
- Perks at Work: over 30,000 deals and discounts for your favourite brands across 20 categories including, groceries, fashion, electronics and more